Prayer

Prayer

It is the most underutilized secret power in the entire universe. 

I think people are not skilled in praying because if they knew what their prayers did they would never stop.

The enemy does not want you to pray, ever.

Here are some things that prayer does: pray slows you down, prayer connects you to the Father, prayer opens your heart and mind to the things of heaven, prayer allows you to get your eyes off of yourself and set your eyes on Jesus, prayer is communicating.

Prayer is not a formula.

Prayer is not a timed event.

Prayer freaks people out.

Prayer does not require complete knowledge of the Bible.

Prayer does not even have the requirement for being a Christian.

Prayer has 1 requirement: knowing how to talk. Which I think the leaders in this room and your teachers would all agree that some of you are excellent at talking.

I used to force people to pray. I spent a week as a camp counselor in Michigan and met my campers the 1st day of camp for the very first time. I expected that each one of the campers shared my same view point and heart towards prayer...WHOOPS. I caused major hurt and major rebellion in my students by forcing them to pray and then looking down on them if they felt they were unable to pray or if they were straight up nervous to pray out loud for someone else or for the group. Praying. Freaked. Them. Out.  I think the Lord put me in their life to show them how simple prayer is, and to teach me that forcing people to pray has zero good things come out of it. Maybe the only good thing from my prayer forcing was to show students that they know how to pray even if they do not think they can pray. 

I strongly believe that if Christians knew and fully understood what happened in the spiritual realm when they prayed, no one would stop praying. I believe if we fully understood the power that was released, and the things that were possible if we simply include God into our conversation, would literally SHAKE THIS WORLD. I believe that people in this room are a part of the most powerful generation on the planet. I think you guys are one of the most powerful generations on the planet, but you have failed to tap into the greatest power in the universe: prayer. I think it scares the devil how powerful you guys could be if you consistently prayed, so the devil tries to cripple you and stunt your growth and your confidence in prayer. 

Our world is messed up. Our hearts are messed up sometimes. Our minds are messed up sometimes. Our friends are messed up sometimes. Our homes are messed up sometimes. Our schools have issues. Our government has issues. Our church can even have issues. The only solution is prayer. The only solution is asking Jesus into the problem. 

Examples of prayers: Help, Save me, Where are you,.

If you know how to talk, you know how to pray. If you are scared to pray, it's time to grow up. Literally, the earth is waiting for you to step up and grow up and unleash the power of God that is inside of you. 

Prayer is something that is practiced. Prayer is something that is necessary for your relationship with Jesus. Prayer is not optional. Prayer takes work. Prayer is simple to start. Prayer will shift your life and your problems. Prayer will set you free. Prayer will lift you out of darkness. Prayer can set others free. Prayer connects you to the one who made you, and allows for His voice to speak to your mind. He wants to talk to you. He wants you to pray to him. He desires your attention. He desires to walk with you in your junk. He desires to walk with you in your joys. He desires you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evangelism: The Power of Testimony

CREATIVES: Enough

Spiritual Disciplines : Memorizing Scripture